Guess where I am? You’ll never guess so I’m going to tell you. I’m in Chicago, the windy city, and it is Day 1 of the Be Sage Conference for Wedding Professionals.
As most of you will know the Australian Academy of Wedding and Event Planning is part of a group of training companies and we have campuses in the UK and in the U.S and as such have a really good international reach. It is due to this that I get invited to attend some of the top conferences in the industry as a speaker and also to cover the event as an industry reporter as part of our Wedding Wednesday Videos for Wedding Professionals, which air on our three Campus YouTube Channels.
The two lovely ladies behind the Be Sage Conference, Michelle Loretta and Kelly Simants, are on our Advisory Board for our U.S Campus and I was very excited to discuss the idea of me attending Be Sage to film highlights from the conference and conduct some in depth interviews with each of the speakers. Be Sage isn’t just another conference talking about wedding trends and how to plan, style and design weddings, this is a business conference that gets down and dirty on all things business. It is straight talking with no fluff and the attendees will come away with something very tangible at the end of it that they can apply within their own businesses.
Most of the attendees will have been in business for at least 3-5 years and are all looking to take their business to that next level. To do this though you need the help of some experts within the business arena, and that is where this conference comes into its own. The majority of the speakers are not from the wedding industry they are business experts or business success stories there to share their stories and hopefully impart some of their experience and wisdom to the attendees.
So how does this benefit our students here at AAWEP? Well my interviews will be available only to students of the Academy and not for general consumption. They will cover things such as how to license your business, pricing, PR, business planning, goal setting, business longevity and much more. There will of course be a short Wedding Wednesday version that will go on our YouTube Channel, but for the full interviews you will need to be a student to access them. So let’s take a look at the line up of speakers:
- Xochitl Gonzalez and Mayra Castillo, Owners of www.alwaysablogsmaid.com
- Amy Flurry is author of the popular guide to DIY publicity, Recipe for Press
- Betsy Butwin, Attorney with Friedman Iverson PLLC – her presentation will look at how to license your business
- Barbara Taylor, Owner of Allan Taylor & Company – her specialty is helping her clients sell their business
- Jane Park, CEO and founder of Julep – I will be talking to her about using social media successfully in business
- Kelly Simants Co-Founder of Sage Wedding Pros and owner of Sweet Pea Events
- Michelle Loretta Co-Founder of Sage Wedding Pros and owner of mmm…paper
- Alison Howard – Alison is the Director of Wedding Education for our U.S Campus and will be co-hosting with me
To follow what I’m up to and for live updates from the conference you will need to follow us on our group Instagram account and on Twitter:
You can also use the hashtag #WhereIsKylie to keep up with what’s happening.