The International Academy of Wedding & Event Planning is proud of its long history of preparing Graduates for a professional career in the wedding industry, by offering courses in wedding planning styling and design. But the Academy also recognizes the skills, experience and achievements of those who have been working in the industry for many years, without having gained formal qualifications. For experienced wedding professionals, the Academy is now offering the Certified Wedding Professional program.
Benefits of becoming a Certified Wedding Professional
As an existing professional in the industry you no doubt have come to understand that this is a very popular career choice. It is also relatively easy to get started by launching your own business, as the industry is largely unregulated. Being able to demonstrate your professionalism, experience and commitment to Continued Professional Development, gives you a competitive advantage.
By becoming a Certified Wedding Professional with the International Academy of Wedding & Event Planning, your professionalism is immediately recognizable to your future clients.
Being a Certified Wedding Professional,
is your competitive advantage.
Other benefits will include the opportunity to build strong relationships with fellow Certified Wedding Professionals, for the purposes of networking and support. We will help to foster these relationships via a private Facebook group for Certified Wedding Professionals.
Intrinsic within the program is the requirement that anyone seeking Certification participate in Continued Professional Development, as a way of continuing to grow their expertise, as a professional in the industry (see CPD in ‘Eligibility’ below). We will also assist you with ongoing professional development by offering online wedding business education ‘masterclasses’ each month. These ‘masterclasses’ are included as part of your Certification fee.
The Certified Wedding Professional program will be suitable for you if you have over 3 years’ experience within the industry as a Wedding Professional and business owner. This, combined with your experience and commitment to Continued Professional Development (CPD) will make you eligible for Certification under the Academy’s program. Full details of the admissions criteria is available here.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
CPD is required as part of ongoing admission as a Certified Wedding Professional. Proof of CPD will need to be submitted every 2 years and can be satisfied by attending one ‘approved’ Conference or Workshop. Under ‘Conferences’ (below) we have provided a list of some of the Conferences and Workshops you can attend to satisfy your CPD requirements, but we know that there are many more valuable events for you to attend, around the world. If you have a Conference or Workshop you are going to be attending and don’t see it in our list, contact us with details of the event and we can advise on whether it can be accepted for CPD.
Applications are to be made online. Your application will be reviewed by the Certification Board and you will be notified within 30 days of receipt of your application, whether you are successful, or if we require further information, or documentation from you.
DP can be undertaken by attending CWP approved Conferences each year. Here are some of the Conferences we recognise and that will be held during 2017/18. If you don’t see a Conference listed, please contact us to find out if your attendance can be applied towards your CPD requirements.
Conference organisers wanting to find out more about partnering with the International Academy of Wedding & Event Planning should contact us.
- Wedding Wire World – May 1-2, 2017, Los Angeles, CA and August 14-15, 2017, Washington
- Engage! (The Luxury Wedding Business Summit) – June 5-8, 2017 Cayman Islands, October 23-26, 2017, Venice, Italy and December 11-14, 2017, Cancun, Mexico
- Cutivate Retreat – date to be determined 2017
- The Sketchbook Series – multiple dates in 2017
- Let’s Plan Conference – July 18-19, 2017, Weston, FL
- ILEA Live – August 2017, Denver, Colorado, DC
- Wedding MBA – October 2-4, 2017, Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Signature CEO – November 6-7, 2017, Woodbridge, Virginia
- Be Sage – December 4-7, 2017, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Coterie Retreat – December 4-7, 2017, Johannesberg, South Africa
- LVL Academy – 2017 dates TBA
- The Planner’s Suite Conference – January 30 – February 1st, 2018, Atlanta, Georgia
- The Special Event Show – January 30 – February 1st, 2018, New Orleans, LA
- Catersource – February 18-21, 2018 Las Vegas, NV
- Wedding Business Conference (International Academy of Wedding & Event Planning) – 2018 dates to be determined