We have a really exciting announcement for you today to kick start the new week! It’s time to start looking forward to 2019 and what will be trending in weddings for next year’s couples…
The question is are you ready to flex your creative muscles?
Last month Pantone released their Fashion Colour Trend Report for Spring 2019 and we thought it was the perfect occasion to launch a new wedding design challenge.
Our annual Pantone design challenge has always been hugely popular with well over one hundred entries and these gorgeous winning boards last year. So this year we thought we’d take it to another level.
Here at the Academy, we love to challenge our community to practice their art, experiment and share what they create with the world. That is why we have decided to host this Pantone inspired competition as an Instagram Challenge.
Instagram is still the top visual social platform worldwide and the perfect place for you to share your designs with your audience. This challenge is open to every one of our 10,000 plus Instagram Followers and we hope to see more creativity and entries than we ever have done before!
The colours that are trending on the catwalk typically filter through to wedding design, with Pantone’s colour of the year having a huge impact across the creative industries. For 2018 there was a shift away from the classic blush pinks and we saw a revival of purple shades and blue tones in 2018 wedding colour palettes.
This is all set to change again for 2019 with a return to the warmer and quite autumnal shades of Jester Red, Tumeric, Mango Mojito, Aspen Gold and Toffee.
We can’t wait to see how you translate these less traditional and vibrant colours into your own wedding inspiration boards.
The aim of this challenge is to build your confidence when designing to a brief, get you to experiment with colour, encourage you to promote your own work, and really have fun with wedding design. (This is your chance to get your work evaluated by the pros)
So who will be judging the challenge? As in previous years, we have invited an industry superstar to be our guest judge with the winning boards to be featured on a top wedding blog! Stay tuned for the announcement very soon.
Right now I bet you are now wondering how you can enter? Here are all the need-to-know details…
Entry and Design Requirements:
- You must register to enter the challenge by clicking here…
- Inspiration boards must be created in Canva:
- Click on create a design – then select the free Instagram post template – from the left toolbar select elements – from the top row select grids – pick any grid with 5 or more image spaces – the layout is completely up to you – upload your images and drag and drop them into your board.
- All boards must include a title with “Pantone” followed by the colour name. To add a title select Text from the left menu – click add heading – use the font Playlist Script and a font size of 36.
- Please only use one Pantone colour per board and only select colours from the Top 12 Palette (please do not submit a design board for the neutrals palette).
- You must include a swatch of the Pantone Colour as one of the images on the board.
- Boards must be downloaded as a JPEG or PNG file.
- Register here for the challenge and receive your free inspiration board cheat sheet
- All entries must be posted on Instagram
- You MUST tag @WeddingAcademyLive and use the hashtag #WedAcademyChallenge in your post
- All images must be credited – Format to be used: Image Credit: PHOTOGRAPHER/ BUSINESS NAME found via WEBSITE.
- You can submit as many entries as you wish, do a board for each of the 12 colours if you’re up for the challenge!
Deadline for entries is midnight on the 12th October 2018. On Monday the 15th October, we will announce 3 finalists for each colour with the final winners announced on Friday the 19th October.
Are you going to get creative and challenge yourself? We hope so and we can’t wait to see your designs!