Calling All Inspiration Board Lovers and Those of You Passionate About Pinterest!
We had such fun last month with our Easter Styling Challenge, and were so delighted with the fabulous entries, that we thought we would keep the creativity flowing with another competition for you! It’s that time of year again when we look to Pantone for the trending catwalk colours for next season. Fashion has a big influence over wedding trends and these colours will inform the wedding palette choices of our clients. And what a rich and varied palette they have delivered in the Fall 2017 Fashion Colour Report! We are feeling inspired already!
Lets Get Colourful!
You guys know what I am going to say…we are back with our hugely popular Pantone inspiration board competition, only this time we are taking it to Instagram. Today we are challenging you to get researching, get creating and embrace colour! Our Spring 2017 challenge received a huge number of entries, all so gorgeous it was hard for our judges over at Aisle Planner to pick a winner. An we are very proud to feature the winning boards in our current course material.
So how do we enter you ask? You need to pick one or more colours (there is no limit on entries) featured in the New York colour palette on the official report and design a wedding inspiration board around you chosen colour. If you really want to challenge yourself perhaps choose a colour that you wouldn’t usually be drawn to. We want to see how you would interpret your colour choice into a gorgeous wedding theme, exhibiting your design style and curating skills.
We are super excited that our guest judge for this challenge is the ultimate mountain girl and wedding planning pro Christie Osborne of Mountainside Bride. There isn’t anything Christie doesn’t know about designing the best mountain wedding, whether for a boho bride or a classical couple. Christie will select her favourite board entry for each colour, with an overall winner of her choice scooping the top prize of an exclusive feature post on her very popular Mountainside Bride Blog. This is a great chance to get your design featured by a seasoned wedding pro and top blogger!
- All entries should be posted on Instagram.
- You must tag @WeddingAcademyLive and use the hashtag #Fall17PantoneChallenge
- Entries must be created in Canva using any of their board templates. Find out how to sign up for free and use Canva to create inspiring mood boards here.
- Entries must be a JPEG or PNG file.
- Please only use one colour per board and only select colours from the New York colour palette in the report; Grenadine, Tawny Port, Ballet Slipper, Butterum, Navy Peony, Neutral Gray, Shaded Spruce, Golden Lime, Marina, Autumn Maple.
- You must include a swatch of the Pantone Colour as one of the images in the board.
- All images must be credited – Format to be used: Image Credit: PHOTOGRAPHER/ BUSINESS NAME found via WEBSITE. (For more on the subject read this blog post from Rock N Roll Bride’s Green Room) If in doubt do a Google Image Search and paste in the URL. This will bring up everywhere the image has been used online. We also created a video on Finding Images for your Business, which you may also find helpful as it goes into the copyright implications.
- Deadline for entries is midnight on the 29th May 2017 and we will announce the winners by Friday the 2nd June.
So what’s stopping you? Get designing!
We can’t wait to see what you come up with, and don’t forget you can submit as many entries as you like.