If you’re feeling the lockdown blues we have something to cheer you up.
It’s a challenge for you if you’re up for it.
A challenge to create an Easter inspired tablescape using whatever you have at your disposal at home.
We Want You To Take Part In The Easter Table Instagram Challenge!
It’s time to have some fun! 🥂 We might not be able to celebrate Easter together but we can certainly enjoy a virtual party.
You’ll need to get creative with what you already have. So raid your cupboards!
If you have a garden you may be able to include flowers and foliage but if you haven’t, then consider alternative centrepiece ideas. I’ve already spied some lovely looking daffodils in my garden that look perfect for my table.
You can go as traditional or as abstract as you want. The idea here is to practice your skills and enjoy the chance to play with your creativity and ideas.
For me I love the chance to pull out whatever I have and create something different and new and it never ends up the way I thought it would.
You’ll want to consider things like:
- colour palette
- centrepiece or florals/foliage
- crockery, cutlery and glassware
- decor items and props
I usually find that starting with designing a moodboard of the colours and elements you’re going to use helps to make the design cohesive.
Stuck for ideas? Not sure where to start?
Don’t worry I’ve got you covered with our FREE 7 Point Inspiration Board Guide and Tablescape 101 Guide.
We don’t want you to do this on your own though. The idea of this challenge is to share the fun. We want to see your progress shots, those research ideas, moodboards or DIY snapshots. And if you’re brave enough a video too.
Here at the Wedding Academy we love to see what our community creates. We’re always bowled over by the talent and passion you guys have.
So this year we’ll be the judges. The Wedding Academy team. This is a really great opportunity to get your work critiqued by a group of experienced wedding industry experts.
The winning tablescape will be featured across all our social media platforms with a big shout out to the winner! We have over 20K followers you have the opportunity to showcase your styling skills to.
How to Submit Your Entry
- All entries should be posted on your business or personal Instagram.
- You must tag us in the post and mention us in the caption using @WeddingAcademyLive
- Include the hashtag #EasterTableChallenge in your post
- You can submit your entries in several ways and we want you to be creative with this too. You can submit single photos or how about a carousel of photos and video showing the styling process from start to finish? Maybe you want to present your tablescape to us on a video or IGTV?
- The deadline for entries is midnight on the 14th April 2020 and we will announce the winner by EOD on Wednesday the 15th April.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with so get creating! And don’t forget to share your progress.
I know for me the ‘doing it‘ part is often the most fun. Just like when you get ready for a night out. Singing into your hairbrush and dancing around the bedroom is often the best bit. So show us your best bits.
Time to have some tablescape fun.