Gone are the days when only celebrities and the wealthy hired a Wedding Stylist.
The trend for personalised weddings has seen more and more couples choosing to include a Wedding Stylist in their wedding day dream team. But you might be wondering, how do I become a Wedding Stylist?
But First, What Does A Wedding Stylist Do?
The line between Stylist and Planner can be blurry (and you can be both) there is a distinct difference. Whilst the Planner oversees the wedding as a whole, the Stylist is focused on the aesthetics; they set the scene and provide a polished visual backdrop for the wedding.
- Consulting with the couple to discuss their wedding day vision
- Designing a personal style for the day; from ceremony, to lighting, florals decor, decor and furniture etc.
- Putting together an inventory for everything needed to execute the design and source items/provide items from their own hire range
- Being there on the day (or the day before) to set up and pack-down
The great news for anyone with an interest in working with a couple on the look and feel of their day, is that the trend towards more personalised weddings with unique details, has driven up the demand for Wedding Stylists and that is why we have a course solely dedicated to this specialism; the Certificate in Wedding Styling.
Whilst you may have many of the skills you need to be a great Stylist (you can paint, hammer, sew, match colours and create a great party theme), there is more you need to know in order to turn your passion into a profession. The Certificate in Wedding Styling will teach you;
- How to take your inspiration and creativity and channel it into the design of a wedding
- How to use design tools such as mood boards, colour swatches, fabric samples and flower charts
- To design a table from the bottom up + how to layout and structure each element on it
- To produce a wedding flawlessly considering production & logistics
- How to communicate your design to your clients and produce the perfect client proposal
And as with all of our courses we are focused on providing real world, practical knowledge and this is especially important when it comes to Wedding Styling. Within the course you’ll find video tutorials you can replay over and over again. We’re also continually updating the content in this course to reflect the changing trends in weddings.