Are you ready for some fun with our Pantone Moodboard Design Challenge?
We all love a good styling and design challenge so for September we’re bringing back our most popular competition.
Yep, it’s time for the Pantone Moodboard Design Challenge.
September is always an exciting month at Academy HQ. We begin work on designing and producing next years International Wedding Trend Report.
Released in early January it’s one of our biggest annual projects. Don’t forget, it you’d like to be featured we’re accepting Styled Shoot submissions here…
What is the Pantone Moodboard Design Challenge?
As you know the wedding industry is heavily invested in trends. From the bridal fashion runways in New York to the colour trends from Pantone.
Every year we all wait with baited breath for the announcement of the Colour of the Year in December.
So to kick-start this year’s Trend Report Countdown we’re launching our popular Pantone Moodboard Design Challenge, in conjunction with the release of Pantone’s Fashion Colour Trend Report
Next season’s colours are a gorgeous array of joyful brights, softer pastels and a focus on warm orange and gold tones.
How does the Challenge Work?
We’d love to see how you’d translate these colours into a palette for a real wedding. Your challenge is to design a wedding inspiration board inspired by one of the 2021 colour trends.
The question is, are you ready to put your design skills into practice and flex those creative muscles?
You can see the previous winners for inspiration by clicking here…
All you have to do is:
- Pick ONE colour
- Find your favourite wedding inspiration images that tell that colour story
- Design a moodboard using Canva
- Post on Instagram to enter the Challenge
You can submit as many moodboards as you like. Challenge yourself to cover the whole palette if you wish!
The Wedding Academy Team will select and announce the winner for each colour. AND the winning boards with be featured here on this blog and across our social media platforms.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to practice your moodboard design skills PLUS get your work seen by the international wedding industry community.
Now it’s time to get designing. Here’s all the need-to-know details to enter…
Inspiration Board Requirements:
- Inspiration boards must be created in Canva. Use this blog post from our Easter Table Challenge on how to create moodboards in Canva.
- All boards must include a title with “Pantone” followed by the colour name, i.e ‘Marigold’. To add a title select Text from the left menu – click add heading – select a font and size.
- Add your business branding if you have one.
- Please only use ONE Pantone colour per board.
- Only select colours from the ‘2021 New York color palette’.
- Include a swatch of the Pantone colour as one of the images on the board.
- Boards must be downloaded as a JPEG or PNG file.
- All entries should be posted on a public Instagram account.
- You MUST tag @WeddingAcademyLive and use the hashtag #Pantone2021ColourChallenge
- All images MUST be credited to the owner/original source in the post caption. Example format to be used — Image Credit: PHOTOGRAPHER/ BUSINESS NAME found via WEBSITE.
- You can submit as many entries as you wish. Even do a board for each colour if you’re up for the challenge!
Deadline for entries is midnight on Friday the 9th October 2020. The winners will be announced on Friday the 16th October.
So get inspired and get creating! We can’t wait to see your entry!