Can you believe it’s October already? Before we know it we will be into 2018 and wedding and event designers and stylists around the world will be working the 2018 trends into their client’s special events. October also ushers in an exciting time for us here at Academy HQ as we devote ourselves to the huge task of designing and producing next years International Wedding Trend Report, ready for release January 2018. It is already looking to be our best report yet!
To kick-start this years countdown we are launching our popular Pantone Colour Trend Challenge, in conjunction with the release of the Fashion Colour Trend Report by the global authority on colour. This season’s colours are a gorgeous array of slightly softened primary colours and acid bright hues. Purple tones feature in a big way, as do earthy hues such as brown and deep clay red.
Last years challenge saw heaps of great entries and some absolutely beautiful winning boards, and off the back of this success, this year we decided to open the competition up to everyone. We would love to see how you would translate these colours into a palette for a real wedding or event, by designing your very own inspiration board.
We are so excited to be teaming up with the fabulous Louise Beukes to select this year’s winning boards. With a background in interior design, Louise has been the Editor of award-winning wedding and lifestyle blog B.LOVED for 6 years, sourcing the freshest, most stylish and trend-led inspiration to share with her fashion-conscious brides. During this time, her styling work has been published in the very best bridal publications the world over, positioning her as a forward-thinking, leading authority in the wedding industry.
“I am thrilled to have been asked to judge the Academy’s Pantone Competition for 2017. As a designer, stylist and editor this competition brings together my love of beautiful imagery, design and working with up-and-coming talent in the wedding industry. We’re looking forward to sharing your inspiration with our brides!”
Louise’s winning boards will not only be featured on this blog and across our social media, they will be published in a special feature post on her world-renowned B.LOVED blog, and will feature in our 2018 Wedding Trend Report! This is a fantastic opportunity to get your design work in front of her loyal following of style savvy brides and the international wedding industry community.
So I bet you are now wondering how you can enter? Here are all the need-to-know details…
Inspiration Board Requirements:
- Inspiration boards must be created in Canva:
- Click on create a design – then select the free Instagram post template – from the left toolbar select elements – from the top row select grids – pick any grid with 5 or more image spaces – the layout is completely up to you – upload your images and drag and drop them into your board.
- All boards must include a title with “Pantone” followed by the colour name. To add a title select Text from the left menu – click add heading – use the font Playfair Display and font size of 36.
- Please only use one Pantone colour per board and only select colours from the Top 12 Palette.
- You must include a swatch of the Pantone Colour as one of the images on the board.
- Boards must be downloaded as a JPEG or PNG file.
- All entries should be posted on Instagram or Facebook.
- You MUST tag @WeddingAcademyLive and use the hashtag #Pantone2018ColourChallenge
- All images must be credited – Format to be used: Image Credit: PHOTOGRAPHER/ BUSINESS NAME found via WEBSITE. (For more on the subject read this blog post from Rock N Roll Bride’s Green Room) You can also watch our Academy TV video on Finding Images for your Business.
- You can submit as many entries as you wish, do a board for each of the 12 colours if you’re up for the challenge!
- Deadline for entries is midnight on the 18th October 2017. On the 20th October, we will announce 3 finalists for each colour with the final winners announced on Friday the 27th October.